BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ups, Downs, and the XTR3ME?

One of Copper Mountains’ slogans is “Everybody deserves a snow day”. By that I’m assuming it means a day to go and have some fun, in particular here at Copper. I feel like I deserve a no-snow day, considering 13 straight work days really can be a bit draining. At least here it can feel like that. Unless something strange comes up I should be off on Wednesday. I have no clue what I will do but hopefully it will consist of something outside of this resort.

 My days have pretty much consisted of wake up, go to work, go to my room, go to sleep, and repeat. Pretty uneventful to say the least. My spare time has been fairly unproductive, much more so than I would prefer. One thing I have started doing is brainstorming and trying to develop some new games for next summer at Strong Rock. (Now this is assuming I’ll be rehired though :P, otherwise this work is all in vain). One of my goals is to design a fresh new game that can be played on Field 1 or 2. I find there are many positives to the field games and we have plenty of other “woods” games to choose from. After many unsuccessful brainstorms and blueprints, I finally had a breakthrough today. I think I have found a potentially successful game concept. It contains several of the requirements I have resolved make a fun game - high activity, heavy interaction, objects, goal scoring, and multiple dimensions. So now I am in the rules process in understanding the breakdown for clarity to kids. Also I am a bit stuck on a title, so this is where feedback is appreciated. The game has three ways to score points - I’d like the name to summarize the game on that premise. The only name I’ve come up with so far is XTR3ME or XTR3ME THREE

I’ve also decided after receiving a two-week paycheck that the money made isn’t quite as good as I anticipated. So my hope is to work maybe through February and head back home. Because in all reality when I boil everything down - I’m just not happy here. The experience itself hasn’t even been worthwhile, in hindsight passing on this job would’ve been just fine with me. Being alone and feeling ignored by some people back home has definitely helped me understand myself better and the importance of some of the relationships in my life. Also at work I mostly teach 3-5 year olds and that has worked much more patience in my life, (as camp did in the past as a counselor), although I will say crying still drives me nuts.

I haven’t done this in any of my West4Winter blogs, but I want to give a shout out to those that have truly tried keeping in touch and expressing their care. My grandmothers have both been great in my time away in encouraging me and letting me know I am missed, it is so greatly appreciated and I can’t wait to see them when I get home. My parents have both also been constantly asking how things are going, sometimes asking so many questions it’s annoying but I’m glad that they want to know what’s going on. They’ve all kept in touch every few days and I know that for them to take the time out of their day to just send a message, text, or a phone call means so much to me. Then there is Michelle, who I have yet to understand why she puts up with me. Her willingness to listen or talk to me blows my mind. Even in my darkest hour she knows how to build me up when I tear myself down the most. I don’t like to be the annoying type of person that all they talk about is their significant other, so just this once I want to let anyone that follows this blog that she is one of the most amazing people you could ever meet. She is more than I deserve but I hope I never stop trying to become the person that she does deserve.

This song is awesome, definitely speaks to my heart, hopefully it does to yours as well.
-------->>>>>Sleeping In by Nevertheless

Random Top 5:
Foods I Am Thankful For That I Am Able To Manage In My Little Room -

1. Peanut Butter
2. Gatorade Drink Mix
3. Welch’s Fruit Snacks
4. Ritz Crackers
5. Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars

3 comments:

Daniel Redding said...

looking forward to hearing more about this game... i'm sure it will be great, so i can't wait to hear the details and troubleshoot it with you...

Anonymous said...

If you need a ride from the airport let me know, the Ghost will be happy to pick you up!

Unknown said...

ahh YES to all the top 5!