BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 20, 2011

East 4 Ever

So this will be my final West 4 Winter blog.

As some of you already know I am heading back home January 27th. The reason I haven't posted sooner on this blog either is I have been under the weather for quite some time. What I initially deducted as a simple cold and soon came to realize it was something far worse. Now being out here I did not have access to a doctor but I'm fairly certain I had acute bronchitis. No fun whatsoever. Today I woke up and took a hot shower and felt like I had much more strength today. I am still coughing and dealing with drainage, but I feel like my fever has subsided and I can breathe a little better. I am still going to take it easy today hopefully insuring no relapse and in turn maybe I will feel almost 100% better tomorrow.

If you have followed this blog thus far, then I am sure you have learned some insight as to some things I've learned and also struggled with. One thing that I have failed to mention that I have learned is how important it is to be around those that you care about and those that care about you. Maybe I am really that much of a homebody. With that thought I think about the song Half Light by Athlete. It's a really beautiful love song about being away from his significant other and the lines interwoven into the melody evokes such a sad and longing notion. "And all that I've seen means nothing to me without you". No matter where I could travel or witness, without loved ones there to share it with - it's almost worthless. 

Honestly there are so many things I am looking forward to coming back home. Right now the biggest one is food. I haven't had the luxury of really and decent food out here. Whether that be home cooked or some take-out pizza from Pizza Hut. This craving is probably more emphasized right now due to being sick and unable to eat much these past few days. Based on commercials that have been on T.V. I am really wanting to hit a Golden Corral buffet and slide over to Red Lobster as well... let's face it, I am hungry.

So my last 7 days in Colorado should look like this. Friday through Monday I will be working if my health is up to it. Daniel will be arriving late Monday night and go skiing Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday I will ship my luggage via FedEx. Wednesday I will turn in my uniform for good. Thursday I will turn in my room key and then head over to Frisco to be picked up by my shuttle to take me to the airport. My plane departs around 4:00 and lands in Atlanta close to 9:00.

So for today I will work on my East4Ever playlist to enjoy on the 3 hour flight back home. See you soon Georgia.

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Whoa - I did not know that. Okay. I hope you feel better and have a safe trip. Probably this sickness is a pretty good sign its time to come home. Travel safe - Keep in touch.

Daniel Redding said...

the title of this one brought a few good laughs in the office... see you soon...

Michelle said...

I can't express how ready I am for you to be home!! Selfishly, I'm glad I don't have to wait another month or two before I see you. And unselfishly, I'm glad you are gonna be back where you are happy. It's hard to believe that I'm going to see you next weekend and I'll take you out to eat at Red Lobster while I'm there!!

And one more thing, I still want a picture of you in your uniform before you turn it in for good!! I don't want to have to tell Daniel to handle this for me while he is there next week.

I hope you feel much better today. Try to enjoy your last week in CO a little bit. Have a safe trip home and I'll see you SOON!!!

Hemi said...

Man, I am glad you are feeling better and can't wait to see you. I want to hear about our trip in person once you get back. get home and rest a bit and then hit me up. We can talk over the handle bars...

Beth Anne said...

I really like the title for your playlist...and your blog. cleverness indeed. I know everyone will be glad to have you home!