BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 31, 2010

Words and Music

These Words And Music Break My Heart

Turning the page to another year,
No one here to share it with.
Loneliness is the biggest fear.

Being here reminds me of when someone dies,
The world keeps spinning despite one’s absence.
It’s like 1500 miles severs most all the ties.

I debate the logic of this notion,
Are the people I hold close to me,
Heartless and have no emotion?

Maybe their time is far too occupied,
Perhaps I am not as important to them.
It’s hard to shrug that feeling, I’ve tried.

I don’t want to sound selfish and cold,
But it hurts when I don’t hear from you.
These constant days of repetition are old.

Yet I write this out in a regretful way,
For a response in turn would almost seem vain.
Admitting this is a bitter inner fray.

Sitting here listening to the piano drive,
Drifting through the lyrics peacefully.
A comfort that keeps me somewhat alive.

Sadly I seem to be stuck in a coma,
Where my day consists of work and no play.
Be nice to enjoy a quick game of Roma.

Is it all that unbearable to date?
One month has now passed.
Staying here, is it really my fate?

Lacking the connection to those here,
Feeling rejected by those back home.
Surely something could just feel near.


Thomas

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I know we talked about this yesterday so I won't say much in my comment but I really do like the way you put these feelings into a poem. I really wish I could have spent today with you. And it hurts me to know that you are dealing with such lonliness right now. I am sorry that I wasn't more available to talk to you today but you were on my mind all day. I'd do anything to make your time in CO more enjoyable.