BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Away From Home For The Holidays

So this is the first Christmas I have ever experienced being away from home. (Christmas Eve) I've got to say it wasn’t so bad until I got off work and just having to hear the acknowledgement of it’s occurrence made me feel pretty alone. In fact it is the loneliest I have felt since I arrived here the first time. I am able to acknowledge at this point being here for a month that I probably won't find anybody here that I can call a real friend.

(Christmas Day) Knowing today was going to be slow at work, I was hoping I would still get a full day. Luckily I got plugged into TLC doing odd jobs and answering the phone and I ended up getting the full day I had hoped for. I did get a couple of friendly messages today from a couple of people, it's nice when someone takes the time out of their day to tell you Merry Christmas, knowing you are away from home it means more than one can know. Thanks you to those that recognized my absence, being missed warms my heart.

Well, besides all that I figure I should catch you up with what all has occurred at work. This week I managed to shadow a younger kids class and an older kids class. Also on Wednesday I got to teach my first class. It was a group of three year olds and it was their first time on skis. I had a total of three to handle and I've got to say that three was plenty. It was tough work trying to keep these three focused on anything for more than five seconds. I discovered that three year olds have to go to the bathroom all the time as well. By the end of the day I would guess the kids were out on the snow for a maybe a mere two hours. I think they had fun, so really that is all that matters. I also received a nice tip from one of the kid's fathers, so that was definitely a nice little note to end the day on.

From December 26th through January 5th we are supposed to be extremely busy. This is good simply because I will have the chance to get plenty of work as well as more teaching experience. By the end of that time I will have been here for about a month.  It feels like it has been so much longer, time doesn't really fly by here compared to camp. I guess it's from all the down time in the evenings.

Ho Ho Hopefully by The Maine

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I know we haven't ever been together on Christmas but I have still missed you a lot today. I have enjoyed time with my family and have had fun in the snow but you were constantly on my mind. The snow outside made me think of all the snow you have in CO but I'm pretty sure I would have missed you without the snow. Anyway, I haven't wanted to do anything to make today any harder for you so I've tried to keep our communication normal but I do realize that today was difficult for you and I have wanted to be with you more than normal over the past 24 hours. I hope the next few months pass quicker than the last one has so you can return to the people and places you love. I look forward to your return but I know there are many things left for you to experiance and learn before you come home. I know you're doing a great job!!!

Casey said...

Hey man good to hear you're getting the hours in you hoped for. Good luck with the busy week ahead. I've been thinking about the mountains a lot lately hopefully we can get to go hiking when you get back.